- Northwell Health, the largest health system in New York, is giving its frontline workers a $2,500 bonus and a week of paid time off for their work responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The bonuses are available for healthcare workers like nurses and doctors as well as housekeepers and other "unsung heroes," the health system said in a news release Monday.
- In total, 45,000 workers are eligible for the bonus and time off.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A huge New York hospital system is giving its workers bonuses and extra vacation to thank them for their work during the coronavirus pandemic.
2020欧洲杯夺冠热门Northwell Health, which operates 23 hospitals, is giving workers a $2,500 bonus and a week of paid time off, the health system said in a statement on Monday. The bonus and time off are available to healthcare workers like nurses, doctors, and respiratory therapists that have been directly involved in caring for patients.
The rewards also extend to other "unsung heroes," the health system said. That includes housekeepers, environmental service workers responsible for keeping the hospitals clean, and workers in corporate roles as well as those helping patients outside of the hospitals.
2020欧洲杯夺冠热门In total, the organization expects 45,000 workers are eligible. Northwell is the largest private employer in New York.
Never miss out on healthcare news. , our weekly newsletter on pharma, biotech, and healthcare.
The health system, which has hospitals on Long Island as well as in Manhattan and Queens, has been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic.
2020欧洲杯夺冠热门As of Monday, Northwell had discharged more than 6,100 patients that had been hospitalized with COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. More than 2,600 patients are still hopsitalized within the system.
Featured Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry Explained
- Value-Based Care Explained
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market
- Smart Medical Devices & Wearable Tech
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Explained - AI in Medical Diagnosis Systems
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your story.
Get the latest coronavirus business & economic impact analysis from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is affecting industries.